Start your engine with Autonado
1. We, Autonado have a vision: We want to connect the global automotive community and provide the means for enthusiasts and businesses to get together and build real relationships.
2. We look forward to welcoming you to our global community.
3. The Site and the Platform are owned and operated by Autonado Pty Ltd ABN 94 161 348 116 and its related bodies corporate (referred to as Autonado, we, our or us in these Terms). These are our Terms in respect of any use of the Site by any users (referred to as you or your in these Terms).
4. These Terms apply whenever you access the Site or use the Platform (including any attendance at Events), regardless of how you access the Site or use the Platform, including the use of information services provided through this Site. Please read these Terms carefully before accessing or using the information and services available through the Site or the Platform.
5. These Terms apply whatever category of user you are (including general users, contributors and any other category of member).
6. We provide our website (www.autonado.com together with all associated domains and sub-domains (Site)), platforms, tools, and services (together, the Platform) to you subject to the terms of service set out in these Terms.
7. Autonado promotes and encourages a safe and family friendly environment and demands that our community members (which include users, contributors and any other category of member) follow the road safety rules in their location and carry out all activities in a safe and responsible manner.
8. These Terms set out the legal framework for using Autonado, the services that we offer and the responsibilities of all members.
9. In particular, if you use the Site or Platform from a mobile device, you must use it in a way that does not distract your driving in any way, or prevent you from obeying traffic or safety laws or rules.
Use of this site
11. You agree to be bound by these Terms, which are subject to change at our sole discretion. Your use of and access to this Site constitutes your acceptance of these Terms as they exist at the relevant time.
12. A copy of our current Terms of the Site is displayed on the Site at all times (with a revision date as designated). Your acceptance to these Terms includes accepting any changes to them as posted on the Site.
13. If you do not agree with any of these Terms, you must not use the Site or the Platform and must immediately leave and cease using the Platform.
14. Autonado reserve the right to do any of the following in relation to your membership or use of the Site (including for the safety of the Autonado community):
14.1. Permanently or temporarily prevent your access to the Site.
14.2. If you breach these Terms, immediately suspend or terminate your use of this Site and, at Autonado’s option, take any appropriate legal action against you.
15. By agreeing to being bound by these Terms, you represent and warrant that you are at least 18 years of age, or if you are entering into these Terms on behalf of any person under 18, that you are that person’s parent or legal guardian. You must inform any persons under 18 about these Terms and their obligation to comply with them.
16. You must set a password for use of the Site in accordance with any instructions on the Site. You must protect any such password. You must immediately notify Autonado of any unauthorised use of your password or account, or any breach of security that will adversely impact your use of the Site.
17. You are at all times responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account. Autonado has no liability for any loss or damage (including for unauthorized access to your account) where you fail to comply with your password obligations in these Terms.
Events, personal safety and compliance with laws
18. The Platform allows you to organise, attend, provide services and create a network around events, where events may include car clubs, car meets, rallies, competitions, cruises, charity events or other facilitated events on meetings (collectively referred to as Events).
19. In creating, organising and attending Events, you must at all times comply with all applicable laws, rules and other regulations, and ensure that Events are safe for all participants.
20. As an organiser of an event, you must have all relevant insurance for the event, including public liability insurance.
21. As an organiser, you must advise members about the members’ insurance requirements, and whether the members’ insurance will be valid at an event (for example, many insurance policies do not cover use of motor vehicles on race tracks).
22. Events may be at venues that include public or private spaces such as public parks, private homes or private enterprises (such as coffee shops or motor vehicle dealerships). We do not supervise these Events and are not involved in any way with the actions of any individuals at or during these Events. As a result, we have no control over the actions of the individuals who are present at these Events. Autonado strongly recommends that you exercise caution and good judgment when attending Events
Services and charges
23. You must join the Site to access the service is provided on the Site.
24. Your use of the Site will be free of charge, except as specified otherwise.
25. You may join Autonado as a general user (which is free of charge) or as a [contributor-best term? Describe the various levels of membership]. Fees for being a contributor are as specified on the Site from time to time.
26. Certain features and services may be subject to a charge, and such features and services will be specified on the Site. Details regarding the charges for features and services published on the Site are taken to be included in these Terms.
27. Autonado may change the price for any features or services at any time.
28. Autonado may change or discontinue any features or services on the Site in part or in whole at any time or from time to time. You are not entitled to a refund as a result of any such change.
Transactions with contributors
29. Contributors may set fees for participation in Events and other services. These fees may also include membership fees for participation in groups. Any fees set by a contributor are a matter between you and the contributor and we are not involved in any way in setting, collecting or otherwise dealing with these fees. The Contributor determines and their discretion whether such fees are required, the amount frequency, payment options, refund policies, and how such fees are spent.
30. Fees charged by contributors are paid to the contributor and not to Autonado. Autonado does not control any transactions involving amounts paid by you to contributors (irrespective of the payment mechanism), or the way in which the contributor spends any amount paid by you. You bear all risk in connection with transactions with contributors, including under contributors’ refund policies. You must contact the contributor if you believe there is an incorrect transaction.
31. You must common sense and be cautious and careful in deciding whether to make a payment to a contributor.
32. We do not and cannot ensure that any contributors are legitimate and we have no responsibility for any actions of contributors. Your dealings with, or participation in Events, and any other terms, conditions, warranties or representations associated with such dealings, are solely between you and the contributor.
33. Autonado advises you that you must be cautious when communicating with other members on the Site, including by carefully considering any content you post or transmit on the Site, or to any other members of the Site.
34. You must not include any details on the Site (such as full names, addresses, telephone numbers or email addresses) that you do not wish to become public. All details you publish on the Site are available to other members and are not confidential.
35. All intellectual property in relation to content on this Site belongs or is licensed to Autonado or its affiliates. You obtain no interest in that intellectual property. All content on this Site may be protected by Australian and international copyright and other intellectual property laws. You may not do anything which interferes with or breaches those laws or the intellectual property rights in the content.
36. All rights not expressly granted under these Terms are reserved by Autonado. Unless expressly stated otherwise or as permitted under the Copyright Act 1968 (Cth), you are not permitted to copy, or republish anything you find on the Site without the copyright or trade mark owners’ permission.
37. Subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement, Autonado grants you a limited, non-exclusive, non-transferable, non-sublicensable license to use any application programming interface (API) that Autonado makes available via the Platform for the sole purpose of integrating or making available public information on another web site. Autonado reserves all rights not expressly granted under this Agreement.
38. The Autonado name, the Autonado logo, and identifiers of Autonado are registered trade marks or other intellectual property of Autonado or its related bodies corporate. Other trade marks may be displayed on the Site from time to time. These may belong to third parties. Nothing displayed on the Site is construed as granting any license or right of use of any logo or trade mark displayed on the Site without the express written permission of the relevant owner.
Liability & Indemnity
39. Autonado do not exclude any rights, remedies, guarantees, conditions or warranties in respect of goods or services under the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) or other equivalent legislation which cannot be excluded, restricted or modified. However, Autonado excludes all other rights, remedies, guarantees, conditions and warranties in respect of goods or services from your use of the Site or the Platform whether based in statute, common law or otherwise, to the extent permitted by law. To the fullest extent possible:
39.1. Autonado does not warrant the accuracy of the content on the Site or the Platform. Any content is provided to you “as is” and on an “as available” basis and on the condition that you take all responsibility for assessing the accuracy of the content and rely on it at your own risk. All content on the Site or the Platform may be changed at our sole discretion and without notice.
39.2. Autonado has no responsibility or liability in relation to any loss or damage that you incur, including loss of profits, interruption of business, loss of data on your information handling system or other damage to your software or hardware, arising from your use of or access to this Site or the Platform, except as set out in these Terms. If you acquire products or services from Autonado, then the terms and conditions and Autonado's liability in respect of those products or services will be set out in the relevant documents relating to those products or services.
39.3. To the extent that any activity conducted by you connected with this Site or the Platform leads to death, physical or mental injury or any other thing that results from anything that could be considered a recreational service or activity, Autonado excludes all liability (except due to Autonado’s reckless conduct).
39.4. Autonado has no responsibility for any actions or Events organised by contributors and does not endorse any contributors or Events.
40. Autonado does not warrant that functions contained in the Site or the Platform content, such as hyperlinks, will be uninterrupted or error free, that defects will be corrected or that Autonado or the server that makes it available, are free from viruses or bugs.
41. Autonado does not warrant any outcomes from your use of the Site or the Platform.
42. You accept all risks and responsibility for all loss, damage, costs and other consequences resulting from using the Site or the Platform or the content or material on or accessible through the Site or the Platform.
43. To the extent permitted by law, Autonado’s liability for any breach of a term or condition implied by law is limited at Autonado’s discretion:
43.1. if the breach relates to goods, replacing, repairing or supplying goods equivalent to those goods or paying the cost of replacing or repairing them or acquiring equivalent goods; or
43.2. if the breach relates to services, resupplying, or paying the cost of resupplying, those services.
44. You indemnify Autonado and its affiliated companies, and each of their directors, officers, employees and agents against any action, claim, loss or expense which it incurs which arises from your use of the Site or the Platform.
45. All activities you engage in with another member, or attending any Events, that you have been introduced to or met on the Site or the Platform are conducted solely at your own risk and Autonado has no liability in respect of such activities.
46. Where a contributor or other third party supplies to you directly, that contributor or other third party is responsible to you and Autonado has no responsibility for the contributor’s or other third party’s liabilities, acts or omissions.
Third Party Content & Links
47. This Site may include third party content which is subject to that third party's terms and conditions of use. Nothing on this Site should be construed as granting any licence or right for you to use that content.
48. This Site may include links to third party sites which are not related to Autonado and in relation to which Autonado has no control or interest. The appearance of those links on this site does not indicate any relationship between Autonado and that third party or any endorsement by Autonado of that third party, its site or the products or services which appears on this Site. You should take appropriate action to ensure that your access to, and use of this Site and other websites is protected against, and free from viruses, worms, trojan horses and other harmful and destructive material.
49. Any publication of e-mail addresses on the Site is for the purpose of personal communication only. Our e-mail addresses and any other party’s email addresses or contact details contained on the Site (including in any blogs) must not be used to send unsolicited commercial messages.
50. Any comments on this Site by users of the Site (including in any profiles, blogs, live chat and forums), advertisers, sponsors or other promoters (Third Party Content) are solely the comments of those persons and do not represent the views of and are not endorsed by Autonado, and Autonado makes no representation or warranty as to the accuracy, reliability or completeness of any Third Party Content.
51. When posting Third Party Content on this Site, you warrant that you created or otherwise have all necessary intellectual property rights to publish the relevant material. You indemnify Autonado in respect of any claims from the publication of Third Party Content, and you must provide true and correct name and contact details. You must not impersonate anyone, or mislead anyone as to the source of the comments.
52. You agree that if you post any Third Party Content on this Site that your comments must not be unlawful, defamatory or otherwise harmful, be a breach of any third party’s intellectual property rights, abusive, obscene, discriminatory, harassing, offensive, racially or sexually vilifying, obscene, pornographic or otherwise indecent. You agree that the Third Party Content you post on the Site must not advertise or promote any products or services, except with Autonado’s prior written consent.
53. Autonado may monitor, edit or remove Third Party Content, however Autonado has no obligation to do so. Autonado may remove any comments posted by a user on this Site for any reason including due to a breach of these Terms.
54. By posting any Third Party Content, you grant Autonado an irrevocable, royalty free, perpetual, non-exclusive worldwide licence to reproduce, publish, communicate, adapt and sub-licence that Third Party Content. Autonado has no obligation to maintain confidentiality in Third Party Content, pay you for those comments or respond to them.
Terms of supply of services and refunds
55. These Terms apply to any purchases of services from Autonado on the Site.
56. You must pay the price specified in respect of all services purchased from Autonado on the Site before any services will be supplied to you. Prices are in Australian dollars and include GST, except where specified otherwise.
57. Once you have commenced using services or otherwise received the service, no refund is available on those services. This includes any online services and subscription services for the term of the subscription.
58. Where goods or services are provided by a third party (even where promoted on the Site), that third party is solely responsible for those goods or services.
59. You must not use this Site for any purpose or in any way which is unlawful.
60. These Terms are governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of New South Wales. You submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales. If any provision of these Terms is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of law, such invalidity or unenforceability will not affect the remainder of these Terms, which will continue in full force and effect.
61. If any part of these Terms is unenforceable, this will not affect the enforceability of any other part of the provision or any other provision deemed invalid, that part will be severed from these Terms and the remainder of these Terms will continue to be valid and enforceable.
63. You can contact us on:
Email: email@example.com or complete the contact us form.